EQUIP with VolparaEnterprise
What is EQUIP?
On October 21, 2016, the FDA notified all mammography facilities that three questions are being added to annual Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) inspections under a new program called EQUIP (Enhancing Quality Using the Inspection Program). The questions address:
- Quality assurance – clinical image corrective action.
- Clinical image quality.
- Quality control.
What Does EQUIP Mean to Your facility?
Every facility will need to demonstrate that it has:
- A corrective action system that can address when clinical images are of poor quality.
- A means of establishing that clinical images continue to comply with the standards of its accreditation body.
- A procedure for oversight of QA/QC records and corrective actions.
Become EQUIP-ready with VolparaEnterprise
- Monitors and assesses every screening mammogram for image quality, positioning, and exposure parameters.
- Easy sorting, call-up and review by technologist or image quality category (Perfect, Good, Moderate, Inadequate).
- Provides scoring feedback on each image to manage poor quality and corrective action.
What is the Timeline for EQUIP?
EQUIP rollout has already begun:
- Sites have already been notified.
- EQUIP inspections (no violations issued) begin on January 1, 2017.
- EQUIP inspections (violations possible) begin on January 1, 2018.
Volpara has created draft processes, procedures, and forms you can use to accelerate your preparations for complying with EQUIP—all included with your purchase of VolparaEnterprise.
Do you have more questions about getting ready for EQUIP? Contact Volpara—we’re happy to help!